49erNext students may request a UNC Charlotte ID card (49er ID) to be able to access UNC Charlotte resources.
49er ID card allows access to:
- Campus activities and programs
- Athletic events
- UNC Charlotte Atkins library
- University recreational facilities (purchased separately)
- CATS all-access pass (purchased separately)
- Your 49er Account funds (if you wish to add funds)
Setting up your 49er ID card
A photo is required to print your card. Follow these steps:
- Snap a picture of yourself on a plain white backdrop
- Upload it to our online portal under the Profile tab
- Crop the image around your head
- Submit the photo online
Here is an example of an acceptable image:
Note that this is a clear, in-focus, color photo taken against a white background, cropped from just above the top of the head down to the collarbone. Full photo submission guidelines, instructions, and the upload link are available on the Auxiliary Services website
Getting your 49er ID Card
- After you have uploaded your picture (following instructions above), your card will be printed and mailed to you at the address you provided.
The 49er account may be used at over 100 locations including:
- All campus dining locations including athletic events and theater concessions
- All campus retail locations: Barnes & Noble at UNC Charlotte Bookstore, NinerTech, Campus Salon, Union Station and REPROS Copy Center
- Atkins Library (fines)
- Parking and Transportation Services
- Mail & Package Services
- Campus vending machines and Smart Markets
- Self-service copiers and pay-for-print printers in the library and labs
- Residence hall laundry facilities
How to deposit funds into your 49er account
- Online: 49er Account
- In person at the 49er Card Office in the Auxiliary Services Building or at the Student Union ID Card office
- By mail: Send check or money order to the 49er Card Office, 9201 University City Blvd., Charlotte, NC 28223. Be sure to include the student's UNC Charlotte ID number and make checks payable to UNC Charlotte – 49er Account.
- VTS machines: Located on the first and second floors of the Atkins Library and the Center City Building 11th Floor Library. VTS machines accept cash deposits only to the 49er Account and do not dispense change.