49erNext is a program for select community college students who plan to transfer to UNC Charlotte to pursue a bachelor’s degree.
Benefits of the 49erNext program
- The 49erNext program is only available to first time, full-time community college students (students who have not yet taken any courses after high school).
- This unique program promotes student success by offering collaborative advising that helps students progress toward timely degree completion, coordinated financial aid processes, career advising, and opportunities to develop financial literacy skills.
- In addition to the student services you will receive at the community college, you will also be able to take advantage of the UNC Charlotte services and benefits shown on this website.
- 49erNext students are guaranteed admission at UNC Charlotte after completing an eligible associate degree with the
- *GPA of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale, as calculated by Central Piedmont. Earn an Associate of Arts or an Associate of Science degree. Associate of Applied Science degrees are not transferable unless part of an approved bilateral agreement. As participants in the 49er Next program, students are eligible to transfer into more than 75 undergraduate degree programs (130+ majors) at UNC Charlotte. While completion of the program requirements guarantees admission to UNC Charlotte, it does not guarantee admission into more selective degree programs. Some degree programs may have higher GPA and/or other admission requirements to be considered.
- The Federal Government will pay interest on a subsidized loan while you are in school and during your six-month grace period
- Read more about the difference between subsidized and unsubsidized loans.
Eligibility for consideration
- Attend a community college that participates in the 49erNext program
- Be pursuing an Associates degree in Arts, Science, or Engineering
- Be a first time, full-time college student
- Complete the 49erNext program interest form
- Intend to pursue a major offered at UNC Charlotte, except architecture or nursing
Participating Community Colleges
The 49erNext program is currently available at these community colleges. Learn more about applying, eligibility, and benefits on their websites.